Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Follow the leader!

When I tell you I opened my own business that is a true statement. But there is a caveat to that, I rent a studio (a room) along side four other service providers. One of which is Tina Mallios, who I have worked along side of for eight years at our previous place of employment. Tina launched out to do her own thing a couple of months before me, and if it wasn’t for her bravery, determination and inspiration I don’t know if I would have had the guts to do it myself. 


Not too long ago Tina’s mother and sister came to see her. Her mother asked “how long have you been working together now?”, I answered “8 years at the least”, her sister smiled and said “you getting along”? Implying that Tina and I work closer than we had previously in more ways than one, and basically asking ‘are we ready to kill each other because we are too damn close?’. Tina and I looked at each other and knew that we felt the same, which is to say we get along even better than before!!!!! Lots less drama, just her and me! Tina and I are not exactly cut from the same cloth but we have the same logic process & ethics (especially when it comes to work) and a similar sense of humor, although mine tends to lean somewhat in the direction of awkward teen geek genre. 


So it is without hesitation we refer clients to each other because we are confident in each other’s work ethic and ability to accommodate even the most demanding clients. I suppose I should mention Tina is a stylist, she does awesome hair and named her studio ‘Koukla’, which means doll in Greek (pretty sure of that). Check out her site www.kouklasalon.com


Quality of life in the work place has gone up greatly for us. Mornings usually begin with the decision of who will run to Starbucks to pick up the venti triple shot vanilla lattes; come on is there a better way to start your day?


Tina & Me in 2007 (?)
Yes we were having that much fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment